8/20/2019

Racing Recap: "An awesome weekend of dirt racing!" Brought to you by Midnite Society Tattoo


Wow! What an awesome weekend of dirt racing! The Butterball at Richmond Raceway, with the $20,059 to win, really brought in the crowd and late models.

Jackie Boggs #4B and the 4B Motorsports team was on hand and made it into the feature. Kirk Phillips, from Boyd County, also made it into the feature.

I believe AJ Hicks #64 was very happy with his accomplishment this weekend. After running his crate late model all season, he decided to get Keith Hicks super late model out put a new body on. He raced it this weekend, and was only the second time he has been in this car. He made it into the feature.


Tyler Carpenter #28, from the great state of WV, would claim the victory once again. He was crowned the Butterball King. It was a wonderful night of racing. I, Gunner Johnson #9F, had a very tough night of racing. I blew a brake line in my heat race, and almost hitting the wall. I came into the pits and got it fixed, then we got to roll back out for the feature. We started in 7th place.

I finally got my car and myself straightened up about five laps into the race and- BOOM! A rod came through the side of my engine. I've had the monkeys chasing me around for a few weeks now Hopefully we can get back on track soon and run off these monkeys.



Allen Hackworth Jr. would go on to bring the team a victory in the #9H. "Pit Daddy" has put a good bit of work into the loaner car getting it lined out to our liking. All in all it was a good night for us. 

Shane Bailey would head over to Atomic Raceway to stretch his crate late models legs and finish 3rd in the feature.



Brian Sammons Jr. and Flaugher Motorsports would head to the Fred Dillow Memorial at PRP Portsmouth Raceway Park in the Rocket #9F modified. They had a very competitive night with over 50 mods on deck, they ended up finishing 17th in the feature.

Boogie Sammons #5B was on hand at PRP as well, he said it just wasn't the night he had hoped for.

---

A big thanks to Midnite Society Tattoo for sponsoring this weeks Race Recap! Check them out HERE.