7/30/2019

Carter County Race Recap: by GUNNER JOHNSON

Gunner Johnson (this author) was at my home track of Richmond Raceway on Friday night to try another round at the beast of the east.
I qualified 2nd and would start on the pole of my heat races right to #81 David Lucas. There was a bad wreck involving several cars about 3 laps into the heat. Thankfully, #81 of David Lucas was not injured. However, his car took a big hit, and it ended his night. I would go on to win the heat race.

Started the feature on the outside pole right next to #113 ,Jeremy Britz, and I would fall back to 2nd.  I had Allen Hackworth right on my back bumper lap after lap, and we were racing each other harder than I can ever remember. I enjoy racing Allen more than I do racing anyone else, and I feel very comfortable when we're side by side. I'd go on to getting a little high in turn 3 and bumped the wall. Allen would go into 2nd place. I quickly caught back up to him and Britz, but unfortunately me or Allen, we were unable to obtain a victory. We finished 2nd and 3rd respectively. Allen & I had a couple of very close calls during this races and were lucky we didn't get tangled up.

Caden Flaugher #9C would also pick Richmond Raceway for his battle grounds Friday night. He looked great in qualifying, and finished 4th in his heat race. Flaugher went on to the feature where he  was competitive, up until he lost his transmission and was forced to bring her in finishing in 8th. 

AJ Hicks went to Richmond Saturday night in the late model. Hicks ran 12th. He was spun in feature, then passed a few, but couldn’t get back up there with the leaders.

Until next time,

#9F #nocommercials

Thanks to Bubba's Towing for sponsoring July's weekly "Race Recap". Please give them a call for all of your wrecker needs!