10/31/2020

CCA Lady Warriors Win Against Lakeside Christian Sr. Night: by MICHELLE BRAND


CCA held their Volleyball Senior Night October 27,2020 at the historic Hitchins Gym –  McCaslinn Brand was the only Senior this 2020-2021 season. 


This was her first year playing volleyball and her coach Missy Lowe said McCaslinn was a fast learner and full of surprises,  She also commented how much she appreciated Brand’s kindness, good attitude, hard work ethic and spiritual presence on the team.


McCaslinn Brand, daughter of Dean and Michelle Brand, granddaughter of Larry and Mary Mundt, and Dean and Pam Brand, told her favorite memory of the season:  “One of my favorite volleyball memories was my first hit/point in a varsity game.  My teammate set it to me perfectly.  However, I jumped up too early so instead of spiking the ball, I barely tipped the ball over the net scoring the point.  Which not only surprised both teams and the fans, but me too!  My team and coach seemed so happy and proud of the play.  But I don’t think they knew I didn’t do it on purpose, but I guess now they do!”


Brand’s favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans.”


She is hoping to attend college, majoring in studio art or Graphic Design.  “I’m praying that God will guide me where He needs me. ” 

“I’d like to thank everyone who has encouraged and supported me.  Coach Missy, thank you for always being honest, and for inviting me to join the team all of these years. And for all your kind words.  


Mom and Dad, thanks for coming to my games and taking me to practise.  
Grandma and Grandpa, thank you for always encouraging and supporting me with both the sports I play. 

Teammates, than kyou for being so welcoming and teaching me everything about this sport.  I hope I’ll be able to make it to y’alls future games and cheer you on.  I could go on forever, but I love and appreciate all of you so much.”


CCA, coach Lowe and the team decorated the senior table with flowers, balloons, an autographed volleyball, CCA volleyball hoodie and framed volleyball sr. photos of Brand.  The lady warriors then played an exciting set of games against Lakeside Christian.

Story & Photos by MICHELLE BRAND

Carter County Post