9/27/2020

Grayson: iTutor - Walker Ready To Share Passion For Learning

Aimie Walker has become the first new tenant to open shop at a long-idle office space along Carol Malone Boulevard as she welcomes students to iTutor in Grayson.

A Carter County native and member of the East Carter High School Class of 1988, Walker said she has long known she wanted to be an educator. She credits one of her own teachers for the longstanding career goal.

“Since I was little I knew I was going to be a teacher, and I had the most fantastic math teacher in high school. I would listen to him and say, ‘That’s going to be me someday.’ That was the first time that math had come alive for me,” she said, citing teacher Roger Gillum’s inspiration.

Walker credits her new venture, iTutor, to the current pandemic.

“I told my husband, Earl, ‘If we make it through Covid, I’m opening a learning center,” she said.

Carter County Roots

Walker teaches Algebra II, Chemistry and College Algebra at Elliott County High School, but is quite familiar with her home county. She is the daughter of retired extension agent and KCU basketball coach turned pastor (Gregoryville Christian Church), Ron Arnett, and Linda Arnett, who recently retired as a Vice President at Commercial Bank of Grayson.

Walker is also well aware of the troubles today’s students have with their studies – especially math related subjects.

“My goodness, kids struggle with math,” she said. “I want to provide the additional one-on-one they can’t get at school.”

Located at 207 North Carol Malone Boulevard, Grayson, iTutor also offers ACT Prep and other instruction for students from 4th Grade to college age. For more information call 606-315-9280 or email itutorgrayson@gmail.com.

Story & Photos by TIM PRESTON

Carter County Post