6/09/2020

Hayes is new 4H Agent: "Dear Carter County Community ..."

My name is Rebecca Hayes and I started May 19th as the 4-H Youth Development Agent.

I am from Georgetown, KY and I just graduated on May 8, from the University of Kentucky. My Bachelor of Science is in Community and Leadership Development from the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment. I had a minor in Communications and received two undergraduate certificates. The certificates are in Leadership Studies and Innovation and Entrepreneurial Thinking. 

I was a part of the Scott County 4-H program from when I was 7 years old until I started this job. I have gone to summer camp since I was 9 and was the Kentucky 4-H State Secretary in 2016-2017. The past three summers I was an intern in the Bourbon County Extension Office with their 4-H Agent. 

I have wanted to be a 4-H Agent for years now and I am so excited to be here in Carter County! I am ready to learn about the programs that are here and what ideas you all might have for some new ones. 

I am ready for the world to get back to a “normal” state where I can meet you all and get out into the community. 

If you have any questions or ideas for me, please feel free to send them to my email, rebecca.hayes@uky.edu, or call the office, (606) 474-6686, and ask to talk to me.

I look forward to meeting with everyone!


Rebecca Hayes

Carter County 4-H Youth Development Agent