5/05/2020

"Mom's Going to Love It!" - by MICHELLE BRAND

Spring, Spring, Spring! I just can’t get enough of it. What shouts spring more than gorgeous flowers?!

So my daughter and I invited our “new to the area” neighbor to go with us to Rainbow Gardens Greenhouse on Damron Branch, Grayson, Ky. She was looking for a present for her mom for Mother’s Day.

I told her this would be the perfect place to find what she was looking for. She walked into the greenhouse and was so excited to see the variety of flowers and all of the hanging baskets, just absolutely loaded with blooms.

Needless to say we three had a very enjoyable hour enjoying plants of every shape and size. Everything from tiny succulents to giant elephant ears. Vegetables, herbs, house plants, shade and sun perennials, bedding plants, annuals, hanging baskets and pots overflowing with flowers and vines.

(Rainbow Gardens also has handmade porch swings and flower pots for sale.)

Of course being a photographer I had to take a few portraits of my friend and daughter among the blooms.

My friend found a beautiful hanging flower basket for her mother and was all smiles as she carried it to her truck. I have a feeling she will be back to add to her own indoor plant collection!

Story and Photos by MICHELLE BRAND 

Carter County Post