1/08/2020

Rita Yates Announces Run for 96th District House of Representatives Seat

I am pleased to make my announcement to run for the House of Representatives Seat in the 96th District of our great state of Kentucky.

I am Rita Yates, a republican candidate. I have lived in Lawrence County for 42 years. I have been a registered nurse for over 28 years. My husband Tim Yates is a local business owner in Lawrence County for over 38 years.

For the last 14 years of my nursing career I have worked in the neonatal intensive care unit where I have seen premature babies born in the 2nd trimester survive and thrive.

I AM PRO-LIFE.

I have cared for babies born addicted to multiple drugs. Where the only way they could be comforted is to be wrapped tightly in their blanket and pray that I would have a few moments to hold them in my twelve-hour shift. I want to be a voice for the most vulnerable without a voice.

DRUG ADDICTION MUST BE FOUGHT WITH EVERY RESOURCE AVAILABLE.

Our most valuable asset is our children. They deserve the best education possible to prepare them for their future.

QUALITY TEACHERS WITH QUALITY PAY, DELIVERING QUALITY EDUCATION IS ESSENTIAL.

I have recently retired from Cabell Huntington Hospital where I have devoted my life to serving the needs of others. It would be my honor to serve the residents of Lawrence and Carter Counties in Frankfort.

In the coming months I will attempt to personally talk to as many people as possible. To hear your thoughts and concerns.

Joshua 24:24 “The Lord our God we will serve, and his voice we will obey!”

Sincerely,

Rita Yates