11/17/2019

Behind The Lens - What A Year!: by MICHAEL BOGGS


Wow what a year it’s been from behind the lens and it’s not over yet.
If someone had told me this time last year that I’d be taking pictures at the 39th Annual Dirt Track World Championship, a NASCAR race and also a NFL game - I would have told them, "I sure hope your right and hopefully it happens."

Well folks, that indeed happened this year.

I was very fortunate to cover the DTWC where fans came from all over the world to see who was going to claim the $100K payday and it was Brandon Sheppard that claimed the victory. Folks were saying my victory lane photo was the photo of the year.

Then about a month after the DTWC I was fortunate to attend the Race of 8 Nascar Truck Series and Monster Cup series races at Martinsville Speedway in Martinsville, VA. Where last year I was a fan sitting in turn 1 and this year I was down amongst the cars and drivers within feet of them and touching the cars.

So as an avid NASCAR fan needless to say I was on cloud 9. I was trying to soak in the experience and the history of the GREAT track. 

Well, a few weeks later I was then headed to a NFL game featuring the Indianapolis Colts VS Miami Dolphins held in the historic Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN.

Wow! What another great experience that was, being able to walk down on the field hearing the thousands of fans screaming Colts and again being within feet of some giants of the game.


Those fellas are definitely a lot bigger in person that’s for sure. But the excitement of the fans screaming and yelling at the refs reminding me if I was at high school game but a lot louder.

I had no clue what to expect but at the end of the day I was proud of what I was able to do and the outcome of the pictures.

My next big event as of right now will be Dec. 19th thru 21st as I will be heading to the Gateway to the West (Saint Louis, Missouri) for the Gateway Dirt Nationals in the Dome. Where they will be racing Super Late models, Modifieds and Midget Sprint Cars.


I would like to say THANK YOU to Sports View America for giving me the opportunity to attend those events and making my dreams come true. So folks go over to Facebook and online website and check out all the content from all major and college also even high school sports from around the state and our great nation.

Also if you haven’t go over and check out my Facebook and Instagram at Michael Boggs Photography to check out all my photos and follow me along this AWESOME journey. I appreciate everyone’s support and with high school basketball season approaching I’m sure I’ll see a lot of you then down by the court.








Support

Carter County Post is a labor of love. However, we here at the Post have expenses. We plan on always being free to view, but ask that you support us through a monthly donation.
If you're willing to give up a coffee a week (more or less is okay too!!!) to support local news, shoot us an email to infoccpost@gmail.com with how much you'd like to donate weekly or monthly, and we will send you an email back with the process.